After so many interesting segments, we have reached our last part of discussion on Shared Hosting – counted as a best choice for beginners. The name itself is quite explanatory.
There are many other advanced solutions like dedicated, VPS etc. Also available in the market, but Shared hosting has its own specialty and benefits to offer.
Your minds will definitely be flooding with a lot of questions about Shared Hosting. So, let’s try to address all of them without any further delay….
What is Shared hosting?
Shared Hosting falls into a category of a web hosting service where several websites reside on one web server connected to the internet. It is one of the most famous web hosting categories in the Internet world that provides the server space with proper allocations to the user. In nutshell, a single server can be divided for multiple sites in the shared web hosting environment and these website owners get to use divided disk space, IP addresses and bandwidth respective to their price plans.
Well, if you are a beginner, then shared hosting is the best answer you can think of as it does not ask for any rocket science knowledge.
Features of Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is a boon for a customer who wants to pay money within a low budget. In this entire industry, there are numerous website owners who want to select shared hosting for their websites due to its affordable price. The most convincing feature of shared hosting is surely its cost which is very cheap when compared to some other web hosting types. This particular feature is very useful for both the hosting provider and the website owner.
Following are the significant features of shared hosting:
- The users of shared hosting need not worry about the server maintenance, system configurations and taking backups.
- Under shared web hosting, a single web server is capable of hosting with multiple websites concurrently.
- Little maintenance work is required at the time of creating an account to access the control panel
- Reliable and affordable type of web hosting service with domain registration service
- Scalable and secure world class web hosting facilities with abundant bandwidth
- Around 99.9% of reliability on performance
Pros and Cons of Shared Web Hosting
Shared web hosting is an extremely lucrative business, as almost everybody is on a look out for an opportunity to perform online promotion for their business. The majority of them opt for shared hosting, due to its cheaper cost and user friendliness.
However, there are several upgraded versions such as VPS or dedicated hosting services available in addition to shared web hosting.
So, let’s quickly have a look at the pros of cons of shared web hosting, before you pay for it!
Reasonable Prices: Its outrageously cheap price can convince you so far for an affordable hosting solution.
Easy To Use: With shared web hosting, the limited functions available to you are remarkably easy to use. Moreover, the provider handles all management responsibilities, including the installation and maintenance of the operating system, security software, databases and server modules (Apache).
Quality Support: Shared hosting providers typically provide round the clock technical support by email, phone, chat or all of the above.
Limited Space/Bandwidth: You get what you pay for in the web hosting world. If you decide to pay for a shared hosting solution, then, you get limited storage space and bandwidth.
Limited Management Options: Limited server management can be an issue of concern as you cannot install custom security software. This means that the security of your website is completely in the provider’s hands.
Why should one go for Shared Hosting?
The best thing about starting a website is to sign up for the most advanced way of running business through online modes. It brings huge possibility of exposure that you can get from internet. As a matter of fact, every second person prefers to use the internet today and if you have a product, a service or any idea, you can fully utilize the internet to get your word on to the world.
Once you have your online shop ready, then, marketing and sales can be done in various ways. In such a case, shared hosting is the best option to look forward to. However, you have to be in charge of paying for the web hosting service because it is needed for you to have your website online for the world to have a look at.
So, let’s quickly understand the reasons to opt for shared hosting services:
- Cost of web server hosting is a question that might get your head spinning. This type of hosting service sounds quite convenient and affordable, which makes users choose shared web hosting over other solutions.
- Shared hosting method is considered as the most popular solution for small sized companies. Users will have to share a server along with other websites.
- Shared hosting can offer you a secure and reliable server, which is maintained all day by trained technicians because the hosting provider is concerned about it, as they will have more and more customers signing up with them. So, the stability of their service must be kept at the best level.
- Shared hosting can really be a great solution for users who do not have a huge budget for web hosting. There are packages nowadays that only cost a few bucks per month, which I am sure everyone could afford.
How to Get the Right Shared Hosting For Your Website
When it comes to choose the right service provider for your best suited hosting services, you need to be smart and work with constant vigilance. Most of the information you can get online nowadays, will help you to choose a good web hosting company. While information can be obtained easily, you must be able to find out about the critical information that can help you decide. Not all hosts are equal and they can be differentiated on the terms of their quality. It is recommended to make a check for the host’s credentials, technical support reputation before signing up in order to avoid any sort of hassle.
While choosing, you should keep few pointers in mind that will help you in availing nothing but the best:
- You need reliability and good hosting service, which means that judging the hosting packages based on dramatic headlines and advertisements, is not a good idea.
- You will have to do a little bit of in-depth research in order to find out more about a particular company. By knowing more about a company, you will be able to know whether they are good enough to support your online activities or not.
- Be sure to look for the company that has been around for a longer period of time with good image in the market. It means that they are providing good services as they have a constant increase in the number of their customers.
- Always check the information that you obtain from one source with several other sources to ensure that the information matches.
- Go through the offered services and plans to choose the best suited solution for your distinct business requirements.
- Check their credentials like client list
A good value is the most important thing to look for in a hosting service provider. However, a cheap hosting service provider might not be the best option. Never choose a hosting service provider based on the price of hosting alone. Paying less is not often the best option when it comes to web hosting. There are other things to consider as well besides the price of the hosting package.