Imagining business existence without emails is akin to visualizing “body without bones”!!!! An invincible email structure to manage confidential and day-day communication process has become an obligate than merely a need.
Having a reliable email server on board – aligns your business chores, keeps the email integrity intact, and gives “under lock and key” locale for endurance. Herein, this blog is dedicated for Microsoft Exchange Server, focusing on its features, and steps to configure Exchange for Pocket PC.
Microsoft Exchange Server is calendaring software, contact manager, and an e-mail server developed by Microsoft that superbly runs on Windows Server. With its number of versions, each one step ahead with its predecessor Exchange has covered more than half the sphere. Exchange 4.0, Exchange 5.0, Exchange Server 5.5, Exchange Server 2000, Exchange Server 2003, Exchange Server 2007, 2010, and the latest 2013 are the series of versions released by Microsoft for its clients’. With its 2013 version, Microsoft has reached the RTM milestone.
– Easy Manageability: Exchange Administration Center, a web-based interface to manage the accounts easily.
– Remote Access: Work smarter including anywhere, anytime access with hosted Exchange services. Allows accessing email folders, calendar, and contacts; independent of the device and locale.
– Swift load-balancing: Allows scaling and improves cross-version inter-operability for better performance and experience.
– Built-in monitoring options: Includes features to prevent disastrous scenarios, and to overcome it automatically.
– Offline Support in OWA: Emails and actions get automatically synchronized the next time connectivity is restored.
– Outlook Web App and 8TB disks Support: Various UI layouts optimized for desktop, slate, and phone browsers, and support for up to 8TB disks.
Anti-malware protection, New Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Exchange Administrative Center (EAC), Ability to customize, Bundled Encryption, in-place eDiscovery, FAST Search, Inclusion of a “Managed Store”, and Replication are few of the features offered by Microsoft Exchange Server. Steps to Configure Exchange to Manage your Emails on your Pocket PC:
– Step 1 To access and manage your emails from pocket PC, you need to first install the Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1 software on any of the Windows installed Operating Systems.
– Step 2 Secondly, choose the inbox, calendar, and contacts of your Exchange that you want to synchronize on your Pocket PC, by directly connecting with the Server.
– Step 3 Once the software gets installed, launch the connection wizard and enter the asked details, such as Exchange Proxy Server, User name, and domain name. You can lookout for the requested details by reaching out to your control panel. Moreover, it will ask you to enter your Exchange Mailbox password.
– Step 4 To launch the synchronization process, connect the USB cable to the PC, enter OK. Once the synchronization process gets completed, disconnect the USB and click on ActiveSync menu tab on your Pocket PC. The process will activate connection via GPRS, giving you an access to all your attributes. Thereafter, click on ActiveSync and synchronize Mail, Address Book, and Contacts with the sync from your PC.
And you are ready to manage your business email hosting: On the completion of the foregoing process, you can use your Exchange mailbox to download, edit, send and receive emails effortlessly & expeditiously.