Creating a website to begin with any business is mandatory in times of digitalization. And to start the same, one needs to have a unique domain name representing the area of business with the desired extension.
Once, you are done with getting the domain name from a reliable source, you should choose the hosting platform that is capable enough of catering to your business requirements.
Out of another hosting server, Google Cloud server is one of the most recognized cloud hosting providers that offers protection to the website, at an affordable price.
In this article, we will learn more about the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and how one can easily host a website on a Google cloud server.
Let’s dive in!
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the delivery of services over the internet. It comprises tools and software that are used to enhance the performance of the website. In cloud computing, the cloud server is allocated to the data center that aims to integrate the software automatically, create a backup for files and restore them in case of the casualty with scalable storage at cost-efficient rates.
What is Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
Google cloud platform is a reliable platform that is used to host a website via the cloud server. A platform is a suitable option for improving the performance and speed of your website.
The GCP offers top-notch cloud server hosting services with the same similar level of security and assurance as it provides its other Google-owned platform- Google search engine, YouTube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
The platform also allows its users to migrate the apps and software from one host to another in the hour of maintenance that makes it distinct from other cloud hosting providers.
Hence when beginning with the Google cloud platform, a separate Google VM instance is allotted to the website that allows it to own a space on Google cloud.
Read More at : Cloud Server Hosting for Small Scale Businesses
How to host a website using Google Cloud Platform?
Google cloud server supports the web hosting for the website created through WordPress, LAMP as well as the custom-built as per business use.
Hence, if you are looking for a way to start your hosting with a Google cloud server. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Sign up/login into Google Cloud Panel account.
- Go to the side panel and click on the ‘compute engine’.
- Select ‘VM instances’ from the Drop-down list.
- Click on ‘create’ to make a new instance.
- Enter the name of the new instance in the ‘name’ section.
- Select ‘region’ for your Google cloud server.
- Select ‘machine type’ as per the type of your website.
- Choose distribution and change the operating system, version, boot disk type, size, and select after customizing the details.
- Enable firewall by selecting ‘allow HTTP traffic’ and ‘allow HTTPs traffic’.
- Review management, security, disks, networking, sole tenancy.
- Click on ‘create’ and your VM instance is created.
- Connect with your instance using SSH through the GCP console.
- Copy your public IP and make a search on Google by typing the prefix ‘http//’.
- Replace the file at a given location before continuing to operate your HTTP server.
- Now enter ‘http// with public IP’ in the Google search engine.
- Select your HTML page.
- Here you can see your webpage/website, that you have hosted on a compute instance.
Features of Google Cloud Platform
The cloud server hosting providers fulfill the requirement of the customers by letting them choose from a variant of plans.
Getting the website hosted on Google cloud offers tons of benefits that can change the experience of visitors and business holders.
Following are listed features of the Google cloud platform, that one should be aware of when getting the website hosted from it.
- Ensure high productivity with the quick loading speed and fast services.
- Allows working remotely from different locations around the globe.
- Permits the team to have a quick collaboration by sharing files via creating a peer to peer connection.
- Guarantees high-class security to data available on the server and protects it from unverified sources.
- Prevents from saving any data to exposed sources and devices.
- The platform is reliable for having excellent hosting services.
- The platform is flexible enough to make any changes to the plan selected for hosting a website.
- The cloud server platform is cost-effective in nature making it a good option for website owners.
With the Google cloud platform, you can easily host your website without making a search for a cloud server hosting provider in the market.
You absolutely don’t need to make any additional payments to create VM instances and can easily make certain configurations with an unmatched level of security.
We hope this article helps you to clear doubt about GCP and get your website hosted on Google cloud server,