Table of Content
In a multi cloud system an organization utilizes multiple cloud computing platforms to run their business operations. This way organizations can take advantage of the unique services that each cloud vendor has to offer to their clients. Multi-cloud system can be a combination of software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS). It can also be a combination of both private and public cloud.
There are plenty of reasons why organizations prefer using a multi cloud system. The most important reason is to avoid dependency on a single cloud vendor. The multi cloud system also helps organizations to avoid the dangers of onsite hardware failure. Such catastrophic events can be devastating for any organization.
What is a Private cloud?
Private cloud is owned and maintained by the organization. Only authorized individuals can gain access to the private cloud. The main advantage of a private cloud is that the company data is stored on a private network.
What is a Public cloud?
Public cloud is owned and maintained by third party service providers. Public clouds can be accessed over the internet. The best part about the public cloud is that it helps to cut costs since the host looks after the maintenance of the cloud platform.
What is a Hybrid cloud?
A hybrid cloud simply refers to the combination of both public and private cloud. It allows the organizations to protect their company information and at the same time share information with the public.
What are the pros of the multi-cloud system?
Multi cloud systems offer a great deal of flexibility to an organization. This is the reason why most of the organizations prefer using a multi cloud strategy.
- A multi cloud system offers a great deal of flexibility to the organization. It allows organizations to implement innovative business strategies and reduces the risk factor by not investing in a single cloud service provider.
- In a multi cloud system organizations can easily scale their resources as the demand increases and only pay for the services they use.
- Cloud based technology implements advanced security measures that prevent mission critical applications from going offline.
- Organizations that use multi cloud systems have plenty of options to choose from. They can easily move between multiple cloud vendors and choose the most suitable match for their business operations.
- Tech giants like Google, Microsoft and Amazon ensure that their clients never face any downtime related issues. If you are planning to avail the services of more than one cloud service provider then you no longer need to worry about any outage or downtime.
- Organizations that rely upon a single cloud service provider often face latency related issues. On the other hand if you are using a multi cloud system you can avoid latency since the closest server can respond in a short span of time.
What are the cons of the multi cloud system?
Multi cloud systems have proven to be quite effective when it comes to improving performance. However, there are certain limitations as well.
- Organizations that are planning to implement a multi cloud strategy would require additional resources for management. This means you will need dedicated teams to manage each cloud deployment.
- In a multi cloud system each cloud service offers a unique set of features. It is important to possess a certain level of expertise to utilize each one of them to the fullest potential.
- As an organization continues to add cloud services the overall cost will eventually multiply. Therefore, it is important to keep a check on your monthly expenditure on multiple cloud deployments.
- Most cloud service providers offer additional tools to protect client data. However, as the number of cloud deployments increases you will need to undertake additional measures to ensure the security of your data.
Multi-cloud is the latest innovation in the world of cloud based technology. Most of the organizations are using multi cloud deployments for their business operations. As mentioned earlier it allows businesses to get the best of different cloud service providers. Organizations can use cloud vendors that match their unique business requirements. It allows organizations to easily move between multiple cloud services. Organizations no longer have to worry about being stuck with a single cloud service provider. We hope that this article helps you to gain a better understanding about cloud hosting and helps you to choose the best cloud based technology for your organization.