India has witnessed a tremendous growth in the data center operations over past few years owning to increasing demand of IT services both in domestic and global market. Undeniably, the influx of IT activities and rapidly increasing Internet and wireless network usage have all aided to the cause of sudden surge in data.
Thus, in order to cater to the growing digital needs of Indian populace and to sustain the growth of IT, telecommunication and banking sectors, a critical support infrastructure is required. And, that can be very well taken care of by the data centers.
Nowadays, more and more organizations are looking forward to host their applications and website at autonomous and highly sophisticated data centers to achieve higher level of operational efficiencies and streamline their business processes.
As per industry pundits, data centers have been making headway to meet the increasing demands and intricacies presented by businesses in their pursuit to stay competitive and agile. Indian data centers, recently, have evidenced the rapid emergence of virtualization, orchestration and workflow mechanization across their infrastructure and operations. Plus, it is now expected that cloud computing architectures and utility models will be modernizing them further.
The concept of a software-defined data center has started to strengthen its hold in the market, with authority and control provision that is being superimposed over the pools of hardware resources.
Here are some of key benefits that highlight why businesses should outsource data center services:
- Saves cost up to 25%-80%
- Proper utilization of space you are using for an on-premise data center
- Enables you to focus on your core competencies and not worry about your IT infrastructure at all.
- Mitigates Risk caused due to utility blackout or a natural disaster
- Superior network redundancy that means maximum uptime
- Data Reliability and Security
- Enables you to scale up or down your resource as per your growing business requirements
- 24X7 technical support advantages
- No need to employ specialists
Key Data Center Growth Projections by Gartner:
Gartner has projected proliferation of Indian data center over next five years in form of colocation and hosting market.
- IT spending on data center capacity: According to Gartner, worldwide IT spending is expected to be $3.8 trillion in 2014. There will be an increase of 3.1 percent from 2013 spending of $3.7 trillion, as per the latest forecast.
- Colocation and Hosting market: Gartner expects that colocation and hosting market would be experiencing a constant growth through 2016.
- Indian Data center Capacity: According to Gartner, Indian data center capacity, which was around 1.3 million sq. feet in the year 2007, is expected to reach around 6.6 million sq. feet by 2016.
In a nutshell, redefine your IT infrastructure, reduce operational and infrastructural costs and increase business productivity with unified approach to data center solutions.
Read More at : 6 Key Challenges Faced by Data Centers in India