While planning to host your website, it is of paramount importance to select an adequate web hosting option. You can host your website by availing any of the web hosting plans, such as shared hosting, VPS hosting or dedicated server hosting. This blog will take you to the two hosting solutions: – Shared Hosting and VPS hosting.
Shared Hosting is similar to traveling in a shared auto wherein you get a space for yourself and the cost is divided among all who have boarded the same auto.
Shared hosting is a cost-effective solution for:
- Start-up companies
- Less traffic attracting websites
- Where limited email set-ups are required
- Small websites
However, you do not have the freedom to add or demand for facilities, instead of adjusting yourself in the same given environment. Also, you get limited resources, like: CPU, RAM, storage space, and bandwidth.
The major drawbacks of shared hosting are:
- Incapable of handling constant high traffic
- Security concerns
- Performance fluctuation
- Possibilities of spamming/phishing attacks
- Limited technical support
- Now, let me quick take you through the second part of my blog – VPS Hosting:
VPS Hosting is like having your own dedicated room in a five star hotel where you have freedom to add/delete or customize resources as per the need.
VPS hosting is the best option for the businesses:
- Receiving moderate web traffic
- Requires more security
- Requirements for multiple blogs, and website hosting
- Requires more resources than shared hosting
- Dedicated technical support
- Easy upgrade or downgrade
- Enables firewall configurations
The major drawback with VPS hosting is that it is little expensive than VPS server hosting. However, the benefit it provides outweighs its expensive cost.
Read More at : How Your Webhosting Affects Your SEO