Do you find launching a website stressful and difficult job? Are you facing problem in promoting your website? If yes, you are at the right place. A well-connected and user-engaging website demands –appealing design, swift navigation, rich content, and quick loading time – right? But, your task doesn’t end here, there’s another major aspect that most of the clients defocus is the way how a website is set off the ground. That’s why it is of dire importance to test the waters and ensure all the requisites beforehand.
This blog attempts to highlight a few of the key pointers that will help you launch your website in the most coherent manner:
- Benefits of setting up a pre-launch page: Setting up a pre-launch page is a good practice nowadays. It is one of the promotion strategies that help in acquiring loyal customers and generating more interest and enthusiasm among your customers than endorsing it after it is launched. Including a signup box on your pre-launch page will allow your visitors to get intimated when you actually launch. You can also include offers and discounts for first a few signups once you launch. If you use WordPress, you can install the plugins such as EZP Coming Soon Page or Easy Coming Soon.
- Constructing high-quality content: Any marketing campaign that you consider for your business will be heavily dependent on the content. Therefore, you should not leave a single stone unturned to produce a user-engaging content that is highly valuable for your intended customers. Remember, selection of words, color, and font should complement each other and answers all your customer’s queries in the most proficient manner. Only attractive websites with substandard content cannot gain interest of visitors rather sites with quality content can convince customers to purchase products and services offered by you.
Before launching your website, experts suggest to create multiple copies of your content and get it reviewed by different people. Ask these people to provide you the feedback and comprehend how far your content had proven successful. If the message your content was not clear, rework on it. The best way to rank in search engines is to shoot 1000+ word per page. Doing some research work, seeking expert advice, reading FAQ’s, and Tutorials can be used as references for content creation.
- Guide your visitors through a way to sign up for your email list : An email list gives an opportunity to connect with your visitors, even if they do not visit you again. Visitors should be engaged by proffering them incentive to join your webinar, or access to free e-book that parcels valuable information to your target audience for joining your list. You can subscribe to any email marketing service to use their templates to integrate an opt-in box to your website.
- Join influencers in Your Niche: This strategy proves befitting for non-commercial websites; however, it can also prove fruitful for sites loaded with excellent content. Search for well-acknowledged people in your niche and acquaint them with your new website. If you’re finding difficulties in figuring out whom to contact, you can try tools available online to like Twtrland, Authority Spy, Followerwonk, and BuzzSumo to locate bloggers, social media influencers, journalists, and experts who might be interested in sharing your website with their respective followers. The best way would be to first follow them on social media platforms. Do read their posts and leave thoughtful comments. Once the connection gets little older, you can acquaint them with your business in an email. It would be good to stop yourself to ask them to share your content with their followers. Trust me, if your content has that X factor in it – they’re surely going to share it.
- Regulate alerts for your blog: It is requisite to stay updated of the activities performed on your blog. You can subscribe Google Alerts to get intimated of any blog or media mention. These alerts will inevitably help you gauge the success of your marketing efforts and emphasizes on the stratagem of working.
- Get free links and promotion with HARO: How to get traffic for a newly launched website is always a matter of worry for many entrepreneurs. However, help a reporter is one of best ways to get free links for your website without even paying a penny. Once you sign up, you will receive media queries to answer. You can answer the queries with detailed understanding of the question and share the links of a few of your most awesome blog posts that are relevant to their query.
- Configure a XML sitemap: A sitemap is one of the best ways to inform search engines about the page listing and posts available on your website. According to experts, a website that includes sitemap has greater chances to get quickly indexed. If your website is based on WordPress, you can directly install the Google XML Sitemaps plugin. If it is other than WordPress, you can try XML sitemap generator to upload it to the root directory of your mission-critical website.
- Search Engine Optimization Matters: It is not necessary that you need to be a SEO ninja to get ranked on the Google’s top pages. However, it is really important to follow the fundamentals, like use of proper keywords that you wish to rank and incorporate it in strategic areas; put navigation bar; build links; title, image, and header tags. The another important aspect that you need to bear in mind is to always upload a user-engaging, plagiarism-free, and best quality content on your site.
If you have a WordPress site, you can configure a plugin like Yoast SEO to ensure that your website meets basic SEO fundamentals. On top of that, it is important that you select a right web hosting provider that has huge computing capacity and security provisions to protect your business against vulnerabilities.
Last but not the most strategic pointer; install Google Analytics as it will help you know about your intended users, track which part of the world your visitors come from; and where these visitors are heading to.
Was this article helpful to you? Please comment if you have other pointers to share that entrepreneurs should keep in mind when launching a website.