NEED SOME HELP
CLICK HERE OR CALL US ON
hosting provider in india 1-800-212-2022
web hosting services in USA 1-888-288-3570
Have questions? Let us answer them all!

Go4hosting
FORUM

Go4hosting offers top-notch services, such as dedicated server hosting, VPS hosting, Co- location,Web hosting,
Email hosting, and Cloud Computing solutions. All the services offered by Go4hosting are efficient, reliable,
andcost-effective. , remaining essentially unchanged.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: What is SSD VPS Hosting?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:00 pm 

What is SSD VPS Hosting?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:09 pm 

VPS is expandable to Virtual Private Servers. They are built by splitting a physical server into smaller slices. Each portion can be configured to run its own operating system and can be customized to match the user’s needs. Each VPS gets its own share of server resources and is completely independent of one another.

SSD is an acronym for Solid State Drives is a type of hard drive that is superior in many ways to the traditional HDD (hard disk drives). They are faster, more cost-efficient, and offer improved performance.

SSDs unlike the HDDs have no moving parts and are electronic devices with the information being stored in flash memory chips. This enhances the reliability. HDDs are prone to hardware failure and susceptible to wear & tear.

There is a significant difference in the speed at which files can be stored, transferred and applications run when the SSDs are used instead of HDDs. Your website pages will load faster enhancing the visitor’s experience. The waiting time drops considerably with SSD.

SSDs are more stable, can resist and sustain vibrations. They are more durable and have better longevity than the HDD. The SSDs do not require high electricity consumption.

SSD, when first initiated, were expensive and it was not feasible and viable to offer low-cost plans. However, the costs have come down, and with speed being a critical necessity, almost all the VPS plans come with SSDs. With the competition mounting, most online businesses prefer to use the Solid State Drives for their websites.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:07 pm 

You could have simplified the answer but instead chose to create hoax around with that lengthy explanation.

Here’s the answer in much simpler terms –

What is SSD VPS?
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) configured with Solid State Drive instead of a hard disk is called a SSD VPS.

Companies that sell SSD VPS are known to be selling SSD VPS hosting service.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 pm 

Can anyone here also explain what an SSD is, I know that SSDs are faster and better than hard disk drives but I’d like to know more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:43 pm 

@Rachit. A VPS can be configured with two types of storage-

1. Hard disk drives, simply called a hard disk.
2. Sold state drives, more commonly known as SSDs.

Hard disk is a mechanical drive. It contains moving parts that are nothing if not delicate. Thus, you may have heard people saying that they accidently dropped their drive and had it ruined. Hard drives are slow because they contain moving parts that actually take time to read and write data to the disk. Solid state drives are electrical drives so to speak. They have zero moving parts and consist of unlimited transistors. We all know electricity moves faster than anything, just as fast as light, so SSDs are quite fast. They can fetch data and write files at a fraction of the time it would take for a hard drive to do the same.

People prefer VPS SSD server just because it is fast which significantly improves the performance of the website hosted on such server.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:46 pm 

I am planning to host my website on an SSD VPS, has anyone here had any experience or could share how much of a difference SSDs would make over hard drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:48 pm 

Could you be a little more specific? There are several types of SSDs. The older SSDs could be slower than the newer hard drives. So to answer your question I am considering you are going to buy one of the following VPS –
• VPS 2018 SSD 3
• VPS 2016 SSD

If you are hosting services on any of the two above, you will see tangible improvement in performance if you have ever hosted on an HDD server before. My website speed went up by 25% after I switched to SSD. If you are only into blogging and don’t overstrain your server, I would recommend that you stick to HDD because SSDs aren’t going to make a lot of difference.

In my case, I had a pretty clumsy website with a lot of data, so moving to a solid state drive really opened up a world of possibilities for me.